Hello, everyone! Today I have something a little different for you. Normally, I just post about different things that interest me, updates, my beliefs, how my writing is going, etc. Today, however, I am interviewing the lovely author Kaitlyn Deann! Ms. Deann and I have quite a bit in common (actually, it’s kind of scary the amount of things we have in common), and we have become great friends. I’ve read her book, and it is fantastic. I highly recommend it! She is quite the talented young author.
Now, without further ado….
1. Tell me a little bit about yourself.
My name is Kaitlyn. I’m eighteen, I’m graduated from high school, and I’m a novelist. I currently am working on my second book titled WORLD OF THE BEASTS, sequel to my debut novel THE WITCHES’ SLEEP. I’m a Texan, always have been, always will be. Jesus saved me. I’m the oldest of three kids, and I have two of the most loving parents a daughter could ever ask for. My life isn’t perfect, but I love it and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I don’t sing well, but that doesn’t mean I don’t sing. I love my friends and my family with all my heart. I’m so blessed to be surrounded by everyone dear to me. I plan on writing until I die, but it is not my number one dream. My number one dream is to be a housewife and mother. I’m going to spoil them so that no other person on Earth will ever be good enough for them. Besides God. Yep, that’s the plan.
2. What first interested you in writing?
Not sure. I don’t remember. I’ve been writing since…forever.
3. What kind of books do you like to read?
YA fantasy. I don’t like a lot of romance, but I like a little, you know? I love action.
4. If you could choose any author, past or present, to meet, who would it be, and what would you ask?
I would probably choose Stephenie Meyer because her debut novel Twilight is what got me REALLY into YA and made me decide I wanted to write for young adults. I don’t think I would ask anything. I would be speechless.
5. Which scenes are easier for you to write: action, drama, romance, dialogue, or narrative?
Definitely dialogue and narrative. Action scenes are hard for me because I get so caught up in it that I forget to make it flow, so they are the pits to edit.
6. Out of those scenes (action, drama, romance, dialogue, narrative), which do you like to read most?
Action, dialogue, and narrative.
7. How long have you been writing?
Since I can remember I’ve been making up stories and trying to figure out creative ways to tell them whether through writing or putting on plays for my family. I started writing stories when I was about eleven and novels when I was fourteen.
8. Other than writing, what are your hobbies? What interests you?
I love filming. I love dancing. I love reading. I love hanging out with friends. I love baking. I love playing the piano. I love listening to music. I love talking. Yep.
9. Is it your dream to become famous like J.K. Rowling and Suzanne Collins, or are you just content with your books reaching your circle of friends?
Oh please, my dreams are WAY up there with J. K. Rowling, Suzanne Collins, Stephenie Meyer, Stephen King, etc. etc…
10. What would your reaction be if your book(s) became a movie(s)?
I would be humbled, really. Like, “You want to make MY book into a movie?! I’m so flattered!!” Pretty much how it would go down.
11. Which actor would be your first choice to play Tuck?
No clue… Really. I don’t know. I don’t think about things like that.
I mean, c’mon, Ryan Reynolds is nice to look at, but I just don’t about those things.
12. Who would be your preferred producer/director of The Witches Sleep? For example, Disney, Dreamworks, Jerry Bruckheimer Films, Tim Burton, Peter Jackson, Fox, etc.
I love Tim Burton films, so I would probably choose him.
13. What is the summary The Witches Sleep?
At only seventeen, Ella Barnes is shot and killed for an unknown reason. She is shocked when she wakes up in a different world, a world of witches. Ella has to learn to adapt to a new body, new life and new world, surrounded by new people. As Ella gets to know Raena, the world of the witches and its people, she realizes they aren’t the perfect creatures they believe themselves to be, and she’s not the type of person to stand around and twiddle her thumbs. Will Ella succeed in changing the mindset of the people? Or will she be doomed to die another cold and tragic death because of her rebellion?
14. What is the summary of World of the Beasts?
Sea-Anna and Tuck have been weretiger slaves to the witches for over twenty years. But now, because their master happens to be the leader’s worst enemy, they have been sold to the beasts
behind their master’s back. Sea-Anna and Tuck are separated, bought by two different beasts. Sea-Anna, who dreads the beasts more than anything, promises herself to stay strong, but not for herself, not to save her own life. She has to protect her secrets. But will she buckle under the pressure Aphalie, the world of the beasts, shoves at her? Or will she overcome the trials and become
the weretiger she was always meant to be?
15. When will World of the Beasts be released?
I’m really, really hoping to get it done by November 15th. If not, it will probably be sometime in December.
16. How can people contact you?
17. Where do you do most of your writing? For example, in your room with your door closed, outside on the porch, etc. What time works best for you then, and why?
I do most of my writing in my room at my desk. Sometimes I like to do it at the kitchen table, but only if I’m the only one home, or if the house is really quiet. I work best in the evening. I’m not sure why.
18. What’s one thing you would like to say to your fans?
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING ME. I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOUR FAMILY. I LOVE YOUR PET. I LOVE YOUR FACE. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS. FREE IMAGINARY HUGS TO YOU ALL. Does all that count as one?
19. Do you enjoy book signings?
I do, actually. It’s always fun to be able to interact with people interested in what you’re there for and answer any questions they have.
20. Any final thoughts?
Thank you, Tia, for interviewing me! Thank you to everyone reading this! You all should totally tweet me! @kaitlyn_deann ❤